Date: Thu, 23 Apr 2015 15:59:59 -0400
From: Rich Felker <dalias@...c.org>
To: musl@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: Still not possible to send mail to domain libc.org

On Thu, Apr 23, 2015 at 08:38:23PM +0200, Harald Becker wrote:
> Hi Rich,
>
> it is still not possible for me to send any mail to the domain
> libc.org. You can't just state this is not a failure on your side
> and then ignore the rest of the thread.
>
> The failing part is not on my side, it is the mail relay of the
> qmail system, of a major provider in Germany, rejecting the
> messages. This is out of my control to change anything on their
> systems.

I'm not sure whether this is a bug in qmail or the recursive server
the qmail host is using -- one of them is wrongly treating timeouts as
nxdomain rather than as transient failures.

However I agree this is a serious quality of hosting issue with my
registrar's nameservers. They should not be timing out or dropping
packets like they are. I was able to reproduce the issue. So for now
I'm just going to move dns hosting for libc.org to my own nameserver.