Date: Thu, 02 Apr 2015 22:48:17 +0200
From: Laurent Bercot <ska-dietlibc@...rnet.org>
To: musl@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: perl native musl, ldd

On 02/04/2015 22:40, Jean-Marc Pigeon wrote:
> Using ldd was the best way I found to list one package all
> dependencies (looking at ELF file type ans searching for
> required external components).

  Yeah, there's no way this is gonna work. Dependencies are not
only about dynamic libraries, they could be about executable files,
data files, or something else entirely. ldd would only give you a
very partial idea of a package's dependencies.

> If you have a better way (more standard) to propose not using
> ldd that will be a good thing. idea?

  I'm afraid there's no easy way - you cannot automate dependency
tracking. If you're going to package software, you will have to
manually list all the dependencies for every single one of your
packages.

--
  Laurent