Date: Wed, 15 Oct 2014 20:43:57 -0500
From: Samuel Holland <samuel@...lland.net>
To: musl@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: regcomp regression?

On 10/15/2014 08:12 PM, Szabolcs Nagy wrote:
> this was a bug in file (in theory we could provide such extension,
> but it's non-trivial and applications should not rely on it: posix
> re is not usable for binary data)
>
> there is upstream fix: http://bugs.gw.com/view.php?id=383

I updated from 5.19 to 5.20 and it compiles now, thanks.

> i didnt know about m4 issues, are you talking about
> http://git.savannah.gnu.org/gitweb/?p=m4.git;a=blob;f=tests/testsuite.at

No, when you run `make check' it appears to auto-generate testcases from
the texinfo documentation[1]. the first one is at line 4257, and the
second is at line 4536. You can ignore my report; I misremembered. They
fail on 1.1.4 too. The problem is they use Latin-1 characters that are
invalid UTF-8. So that's one more "the C locale is not binary-safe"
compatibility issue.

[1]
http://git.savannah.gnu.org/gitweb/?p=m4.git;a=blob;f=doc/m4.texi;h=81dd255e4b9a7ee8fdc73cc8c30e448d5a7718ee;hb=d1bce954ab5f164041541d128fa491c68f2bc1a6

--