Date: Tue, 07 Oct 2014 17:59:26 -0500
From: Samuel Holland <samuel@...lland.net>
To: musl@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: libgcc errors

On 10/07/2014 04:32 PM, Stephen Turner wrote:
> I apologize for my lack of experience with building toolchains. if
> there is a known good tutorial for this i will gladly ref it however
> the best i have found is lfs embedded which i am currently using (and
> not working).

Embedded/Cross LFS make things much more complicated than you need. You
can use the main LFS instructions to generate a native complier,
applying these modifications:

1. $LFS_TGT needs to be $ARCH-linux-musl
2. Patch gcc every time you compile it
3. Use a non-broken version of gcc; I recommend 4.7.x
4. Of course, replace glibc with musl
5. You may need to disable some extra math/optimization libraries that
come with gcc; the musl-cross build script[0] may give you some hints.

Sysroot is generally more of a problem than it solves. It's really only
useful for cross-compilers where you have a complete copy of your
target's /usr somewehere. Another warning: gcc does not look in /lib or
/include like you would want it to without patching like LFS does for
/tools.

[0]
https://bitbucket.org/GregorR/musl-cross/src/2dfead9ed81aa590a69f1e33992935da37dee931/build.sh?at=default#cl-131

--