Date: Thu, 09 Oct 2014 08:13:42 -0400
From: Andrew Bradford <andrew@...dfordembedded.com>
To: samuel@...lland.net
CC: musl@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: libgcc errors

Hi Samuel,

On 10/07/2014 06:59 PM, Samuel Holland wrote:
> On 10/07/2014 04:32 PM, Stephen Turner wrote:
>> I apologize for my lack of experience with building toolchains. if
>> there is a known good tutorial for this i will gladly ref it however
>> the best i have found is lfs embedded which i am currently using (and
>> not working).
>
> Embedded/Cross LFS make things much more complicated than you need. You
> can use the main LFS instructions to generate a native complier,
> applying these modifications:

Could you please provide more info on why you think the embedded Cross
LFS way [1] is more complicated than is needed?  How could it be made
more simple?  I'm happy to take suggestions for improvement.

[1]:http://cross-lfs.org/view/clfs-embedded/arm/

For the most part the toolchain building portion of embedded CLFS
follows Gregor's musl-cross.

Thanks,
Andrew