Date: Mon, 21 Jul 2014 16:31:09 +0300
From: Timo Teras <timo.teras@....fi>
To: Rich Felker <dalias@...c.org>
Cc: musl@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: Progress towards 1.1.4

On Mon, 21 Jul 2014 01:59:07 -0400
Rich Felker <dalias@...c.org> wrote:

> - Solving the long-standing if_nameindex and getifaddrs lack of
>   support for unconfigured and v6-only interfaces.

I understand that the big part of this is making the informed decision
on whether or not to use netlink. My take is to use netlink, as the
only argument against was that emulation layers do not support netlink.
But IIRC, it was mentioned that emulation does not support any of the
other APIs that would be needed to implement this.

If considering my netlink patch, the biggest job is likely auditing the
code. But I will be happy to do any changes requested.

Thanks,
Timo