Date: Mon, 21 Jul 2014 21:04:10 +0700
From: James B <jamesbond3142@...il.com>
To: musl@...ts.openwall.com
Cc: Rich Felker <dalias@...c.org>, Weldon Goree <weldon@...gurwallah.org>
Subject: Re: Packaging: Slackware

On Sun, 20 Jul 2014 22:48:34 -0400
Rich Felker <dalias@...c.org> wrote:

> Knowing a little bit more about the goal of the slackbuild (and what
> exactly a "slackbuild" is) might help me make a better recommendation
> and assess whether extending the life of the 1.0.x branch is
> worthwhile for what you're doing.

"Slackbuild" is a build recipe, just like RPM spec file or Arch PKGBUILD.

There is a website called slackbuilds.org which collects thirdparty slackbuilds (ie build recipes that are not part of official Slackware repository) for others to use. Slackbuilds.org tend to group slackbuilds following Slackware official releases (there is a group of slackbuilds targetted for Slackware 13, Slack 14, Slack 14.1, etc etc).

I'm not speaking on behalf of Weldon but I guess this would be where the musl slackbuild will end up.

cheers!

--
James B <jamesbond3142@...il.com>