Date: Wed, 16 Apr 2014 12:52:55 -0400
From: Rich Felker <dalias@...c.org>
To: musl@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: New domain!

On Wed, Apr 16, 2014 at 06:27:03PM +0200, Luca Barbato wrote:
> On 16/04/14 17:52, Rich Felker wrote:
> > Hi all,
> >
> > As you can see from the mail headers, we have a new domain to use:
> > libc.org. This is thanks to Kurt Maier (you rock!) who managed to get
> > it and donated it for use by musl.
> >
> > There's been some limited discussion so far on IRC of how to best use
> > it, but I think it makes more sense to move that over to the list. A
> > summary of the ideas so far (not all of them are necessarily going to
> > happen, of course):
> >
> > - Using musl.libc.org subdomain as either the main website or a
> >   redirect to the main website on the existing domain.
>
> Do you want to host other libc in other subdomains?

No, not particularly. But it reads nice that way anyway, and I figure
since we have it we should use it.

> > - Or just being pretentious like the kernel folks (think kernel.org)
> >   and having libc.org be the musl site. ;-)
>
> Would be interesting =)
>
> git.libc.org is neat anyway

Yes, this (git.) is definitely a possibility even if the main
second-level domain is not used for musl website.

> > - Revamped libc comparison with more rigorous results, more libcs
> >   compared. (This is an existing project idea, but new domain is a
> >   good place to put it.)
>
> Would be good to have no matter where.

Yes. This is something I'd like help on, and it doesn't really need a
lot of expertise. Basically the part that could use some work would be
a matter of improving the actual measurements (e.g. adding min/avg
runtime for certain interesting calls, and throughput in MB/sec for
various usage patterns, etc. where it makes sense, rather than just
arbitrary runtimes with no context) and automating the process of
testing sizes and speeds.