Date: Wed, 16 Apr 2014 21:10:32 +0100
From: Laurent Bercot <ska-dietlibc@...rnet.org>
To: musl@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: New domain!

On 16/04/2014 16:52, Rich Felker wrote:
> As you can see from the mail headers, we have a new domain to use:
> libc.org. This is thanks to Kurt Maier (you rock!) who managed to get
> it and donated it for use by musl.

  Now THAT is awesome.

> - Using musl.libc.org subdomain as either the main website or a
>    redirect to the main website on the existing domain.

  Sounds like a given.
  I find musl-libc.org redirecting to musl.libc.org more elegant
than the other way around, but YMMV.

> - Or just being pretentious like the kernel folks (think kernel.org)
>    and having libc.org be the musl site. ;-)

  So tempting. What can we do to tempt you even more ?

> - Revamped libc comparison with more rigorous results, more libcs
>    compared. (This is an existing project idea, but new domain is a
>    good place to put it.)

  That sounds good too, but don't you think people will question the
objectivity of libc.org comparisons if the domain belongs to musl
authors ? The current comparison on musl-libc.org is *expected* to
be biased, even if it is not.
  Sigh. Managing appearances is hard.

> - Information on standards, platform ABIs, etc.
> - Browsable 3p man pages.
> - Why ppl should care about libc, standards and interoperability, why
>    existence of multiple implementations of any important library is a
>    good thing, etc.

  I would love all of those. I might even contribute if I get some
free time by way of divine intervention.

> Further ideas or discussion of the existing ones is welcome here.

  e-mail addresses, of course !
  Please can I have ska@...c.org, please please pretty please ?
I'll draw you a kitty. Or contribute something if I can find something
I'm more knowledgeable about than you guys.

--
  Laurent