Date: Tue, 1 Apr 2014 18:19:08 +0200
From: u-igbb@...ey.se
To: musl@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: MUSL_LIBRARY_PATH ?

Hi John,

On Tue, Apr 01, 2014 at 10:11:57AM -0400, John Mudd wrote:
> But I run into trouble when I start setting LD_LIBRARY_PATH so that Python
> can locate the Readline and other libs. The musl built Python works but
> these libs start causing native program to fail. e.g.  "vim: error while
> header".

You seem to encounter the very problem which the newly discussed
 --library-path solves. You may need to run your musl-linked binaries
via wrappers, starting them like
 /..../libc.so --library-path /...yourseparatelibplace /the...binary [args]

Let you look at the recent posts mentioning LD_LIBRARY_PATH.

(Note that hacks like "MUSL_LIBRARY_PATH" do not allow using
in the same process tree different versions/instances of libraries,
iow being about as much broken as LD_LIBRARY_PATH)

Regards,
Rune