Date: Tue, 3 Dec 2013 20:11:57 +0000
From: Raphael Cohn <raphael.cohn@...rmmq.com>
To: musl@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: _PATH_LASTLOG

Yes, I very much accept that. Email isn't the best way for me of
communicating a lot of thought in a few words!

Raphael Cohn
Chief Architect, stormmq
Co-Chair, OASIS MQTT Standard
Secretary, OASIS AMQP Standard
raphael.cohn@...rmmq.com
+44 7590 675 756

UK Office:
Hamblethorpe Farm, Crag Lane, Bradley BD20 9DB, North Yorkshire, United
Kingdom
Telephone: +44 845 3712 567

Registered office:
16 Anchor Street, Chelmsford, Essex, CM2 0JY, United Kingdom
StormMQ Limited is Registered in England and Wales under Company Number
07175657
StormMQ.com

On 3 December 2013 20:03, Laurent Bercot <ska-dietlibc@...rnet.org> wrote:

>  Everything I've seen so far, including the GNU toolchain, autoconf, m4,
>> make, libtool (uggh) and its ilk has only confirmed my prejudices
>>  - too much ego and high theory, not enough real-world pragmatism.
>> Indeed, most of it seems to be more about copying what was already done
>> without really understanding why it was done the way it was, rather than
>> innovating...
>>

>  You have to remember that GNU started as, and remained, a political
> project, not a
> technical project. The point of GNU was to rewrite patent-encumbered Unix
> as free
> software: the point was not to innovate or produce quality code. You
> should view
> GNU as a proof-of-concept project, which it really started as;
> unfortunately, a lot
> of today's applications are still relying on a proof-of-concept
> implementation.
>
>  Grats on making the switch, and welcome to the world of real,
> technically-focused
> implementations. ;)
>
> --
>  Laurent