Date: Tue, 2 Jul 2013 03:08:52 +0200
From: "Michael Kerrisk (man-pages)" <mtk.manpages@...il.com>
To: 20130701034317.GW29800@...ghtrain.aerifal.cx, musl@...ts.openwall.com,
	Rich Felker <dalias@...ifal.cx>, Michael Kerrisk <mtk.manpages@...il.com>
Subject: Re: Request for volunteers

Gidday,

On Mon, Jul 1, 2013 at 7:44 PM, Felix Janda <felix.janda@...teo.de> wrote:

>> > I note that the guy who did the posix man pages ten years ago was:
>> > Michael Kerrisk.

(To be more precise, it was Andries Brouwer, the previous maintainer,
who carried out the task shortly before I took over.)

>> Maybe someone should contact him about all the stuff we're discussing.
>
> I asked him some time ago about the posix man pages and offered help with the
> conversion.
>
> He has interest in creating new posix man pages for the SUSV4 TC1. The status
> from beginning of June was that he had contacted The Open Group asking for
> permission. Possibly, we might get troff sources.

As of a few days ago, the necessary permissions are granted. I do not
yet have the source files (and so am unsure of the source format), but
I expect that they will become available to us in the next couple of
weeks.

> (He also told me that the conversion for the previous posix man pages were done
> before he had become their maintainer.)
>
> I CC'ed him so that he knows about this discussion.

Thank you, Felix.

Cheers,

Michael

--