Date: Mon, 1 Jul 2013 19:44:12 +0200
From: Felix Janda <felix.janda@...teo.de>
To: musl@...ts.openwall.com
Cc: Rich Felker <dalias@...ifal.cx>,
	Michael Kerrisk <mtk.manpages@...il.com>
Subject: Re: Request for volunteers

Hello,

Rich Felker wrote:
> > >What might be better for the near future is to get the POSIX man pages
> > >project updated to match POSIX-2008+TC1 so that users of musl who want
> > >man pages for libc functions can install them and have them match the
> > >current version.
> >
> > I note that the guy who did the posix man pages ten years ago was:
> > Michael Kerrisk.
>
> Maybe someone should contact him about all the stuff we're discussing.

I asked him some time ago about the posix man pages and offered help with the
conversion.

He has interest in creating new posix man pages for the SUSV4 TC1. The status
from beginning of June was that he had contacted The Open Group asking for
permission. Possibly, we might get troff sources.

(He also told me that the conversion for the previous posix man pages were done
before he had become their maintainer.)

I CC'ed him so that he knows about this discussion.

Felix