Date: Sat, 29 Jun 2013 23:01:50 -0400
From: Rich Felker <dalias@...ifal.cx>
To: musl@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: Proposed roadmap to 1.0

On Sat, Jun 29, 2013 at 09:53:29PM -0500, Rob Landley wrote:
> On 06/29/2013 06:50:41 PM, Rich Felker wrote:
> >Hi all,
> >
> >Here is a VERY tentative, proposed roadmap towards a 1.0 release of
> >musl. Comments welcome!
> >
> >Rich
> >
> >0.9.11
> >Projected release: ASAP
> >No further goals at the moment except fixing additional bugs found.
> >
> >0.9.12
> >Projected release: Mid to late July
> >Key targets:
> >- Overhaul of time handling, including zoneinfo support.
> >- Overhaul resolver to better provide legacy APIs without code dup.
> >- Hybrid automatic/manual audit for cruft and code smells.
> >- Resolve symlink direction issue for dynamic linker.
> >- Affinity/cpuset interfaces.
>
> So this would be about the "feature complte for
> not-internationalized C99" level?

It should already be feature-complete for C99, except possibly some
bugs in the time stuff I want to overhaul. There are a few things
missing for POSIX (some new strftime field width stuff comes to mind),
but not much; probably a few more small details for XSI option in the
way of interfaces that nobody uses, like encrypt(). And some things
missing for C11, of course.

> I'll try to get support into aboriginal linux for that release.

Great! Yes, this sounds like a good target version for you, especially
since I'm hoping to swat a lot more bugs by then (see the hybrid audit
item above). It should also give us plenty of time to resolve any
issues you encounter using musl with aboriginal between then and musl
1.0 so that everything is really polished when we get to 1.0.