Date: Mon, 27 May 2013 17:53:23 +0200
From: Gregor Pintar <grpintar@...il.com>
To: musl@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: High-priority library replacements?

2013/5/26, Daniel Cegiełka <daniel.cegielka@...il.com>:
> @Gregor Pintar
> What do you think about using tropicssl on libkripto (aka libssl and
> libcrypto in openssl)?

TropicSSL has quite nice API, but I think it would require API changes
(cipher suites) to get full advantage of "dynamic construction" of
algorithms (block cipher + mode + mac = authenticated stream cipher)
and kripto API is not finished yet so I can't really say.

> I looked at the difference between PolarSSL and tropicssl and
> differences are often purely cosmetic. I think we can apply the
> following changes in PolarSSL to tropicssl and thereby gain a small
> SSL library under a BSD license.
>
> http://gitorious.org/tropicssl
>
> Does anyone have a better suggestion?

Unless someone really takes a deep look (vulnerabilities, TLS 1.2)
into tropicssl, I think it's better to use PolarSSL for now despite
GPL.