Date: Tue, 2 Apr 2013 13:11:16 +0200
From: Szabolcs Nagy <nsz@...t70.net>
To: musl@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: Pending issues for next release

* Rich Felker <dalias@...ifal.cx> [2013-04-01 19:31:44 -0400]:
> Here's a quick list of open issues that we might want to take care of
> before another release:
>
> - ARM-optimized memcpy, etc.
> - put*ent functions in pwd/shadow/etc.
> - program_invocation_name
> - Posssible misaligned access bugs in mbsrtowcs (?)
> - [u]intmax_t underlying type mismatches ABI on 64-bit systems (?)

and fix [u]intmax_t and wchar_t limits in stdint.h etc. (U,L,LL suffix)
and fix printf fmt in inttypes.h (otherwise gcc will warn)

> - dn_skipname
> - switching libc.so/ld-musl.so symlink direction

and fix the download page
(and fix install link in the faq)

> And a few things that have been on the agenda but neglected for a long
> time, which may stay that way unless anybody's excited about moving
> them forward quickly:
>
> - zoneinfo
> - inet_makeaddr
> - scanf %m modifier
> - getifaddrs
> - cpuset/affinity
> - ether.h functions

other pending things from my todo:
arpa/tftp.h (inetutils http://www.openwall.com/lists/musl/2012/11/26/2 )
fgetspent, putpwent (pam_unix http://www.openwall.com/lists/musl/2013/02/27/4 )
inb, outb,.. (xorg, grub, lmsensors,..?)
mkostemp (better rand and stack address hiding)
struct ntptimeval (glibc vs musl abi http://www.openwall.com/lists/musl/2013/03/04/3 )
random_r (used by mesa?)