Date: Sat, 30 Mar 2013 14:16:48 -0500
From: Strake <strake888@...il.com>
To: musl@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: #define __MUSL__ in features.h

LM <lmemsm@...il.com> wrote:
> Was thinking an identifier like __MUSL__ would be useful as well.  So
> what would be the best way to identify that this compiler is different
> than the default system compiler for an example like openssl's
> ui_openssl.c file?

Don't.

> The patch at
> https://bitbucket.org/GregorR/musl-pkgsrc-patches/src/6becfeda746a4c456474f1aff0b21701b27e9d0d/security-openssl.diff?at=default
> just uses sed to replace things.

I note the repeated "f x >x.mod; mv x.mod x" scheme. I wrote this to
do so, ∀ f: https://github.com/strake/situ
The code would thus be clearer.

Szabolcs Nagy <nsz@...t70.net> wrote:
> no, this should be fixed by openssl using
> their huge configuration script correctly,
> ie. detecting what is available instead of
> using wrong ifdefs
>
> their assumptions about termios is broken,
> adding more ifdefs would just make it worse
> (note that termios.h is specified by posix
> so even if they want to use ifdefs, that
> should be the fallback on a posix system)

Yes, in my experience, openssl is grievous to build, and I can't
remember all what perversions I wrought to do so, but both -DTERMIOS
and -DTERMIO are in Configure, so it may well be at fault.