Date: Tue, 22 Jan 2013 14:40:44 +0100
From: pierre <pierre@...entlife.com>
To: musl@...ts.openwall.com, Szabolcs Nagy <nsz@...t70.net>
Subject: Re: dladdr()

Nagy,

> instead of 'debug mode' vs 'release mode' the
> config.mak with compiler flags/architecture/..
> for the two cases
> instead of 'crash' the details of the caught
> signal, backtrace, memory map etc
> a link to the source code or a minimal example
> can help too

Since I already said that I would provide this
information later (I also have a job) I wonder
what the purpose of these repeated calls is.

PLEASE READ THE WHOLE THREAT before adding your
grain of salt.

> i'm not sure how populating backtrace with
> dladdr works

By finding the symbols that match each IP
(Instruction Pointer) address.

> sounds suspicious

I am impressed by the value of this argument.

> how do you get your backtrace?

By following stack frames. I am curious to learn
what better way you will find less "suspicious".

Pierre