Date: Sat, 19 Jan 2013 11:25:59 -0800
From: Isaac Dunham <idunham@...abit.com>
To: musl@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: Make bits/wchar.h correct for all architectures (bug
 15036) (fwd)

On Sat, 19 Jan 2013 08:58:40 -0500
Strake <strake888@...il.com> wrote:

> On 18/01/2013, Rich Felker <dalias@...ifal.cx> wrote:
> > I think the same issues apply to musl, and the solution seems very
> > elegant. Maybe we can apply the same thing. What do you think?
>
> What if int is not 32-bit?

Not possible on a (current) POSIX system, to the best of my knowledge.
Also not compatible with any glibc or LSB abi, or any Linux port.

In other words:
Unless you're planning to port musl to ELKS or Win16/Win64, you're joking.  And I would venture to say that you would be joking in those cases, too.

--
Isaac Dunham <idunham@...abit.com>