Date: Sat, 19 Jan 2013 16:21:39 -0800 (PST)
From: idunham@...abit.com
To: musl@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Linux 2.4 and musl-cluts results

It's been the standard line that musl should work with Linux 2.4, to some
extent.
I finally got around to testing that. I used DSL 4.4.10 in Virtualbox,
with gcc1.dsl and git.uci loaded; musl and cluts were fetched from the
primary git repositories.
Here are the major warnings:
1. Expect a static-only libc. And this will require passing -static to
musl-gcc.

2. Busybox 1.2.2 has an "install" that doesn't support -D; you will need
to use mkdir -p /usr/local/musl && cp -r lib/ include/ /usr/local/musl
rm /usr/local/musl/include/bits
cp -r arch/x86/bits /usr/local/musl/include
cp musl-gcc /usr/local/bin

3. gcc 3.3 does not support -Wextra, remove it from the cluts makefile to
build.

4.As expected, pthread is broken, but tests/setuid is worse: it appears to
fork-bomb the system. I did not include either in these results.

That said, some functionality is working.

HTH,
Isaac Dunham
Download attachment "errors.log" of type "application/octet-stream" (16528 bytes)