Date: Fri, 14 Dec 2012 01:41:14 +0100
From: Szabolcs Nagy <nsz@...t70.net>
To: musl@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: Status of 1.0 wishlist items?

* Rich Felker <dalias@...ifal.cx> [2012-12-13 18:48:53 -0500]:
> > >I'm guessing we may still have some issues here with mysql and perhaps
> > >Apache. The other components work, I believe..
> >
> > apache is a must-have... unfortunately.
> > i can look into it.
> > berkeley db and php are working so far.
>
> What about mysql? IIRC it was a failure in (some of?) the pkgsrc
> builds.

this reminds me that there is a difference between the
glibc and musl (==posix) fsync semantics

this may cause performance issues in storage related code
(which often incorrectly use fsync when they mean
fdatasync or O_SYNC vs O_DSYNC)

so if anyone plans to benchmark some web service thing on
musl vs glibc should know about this..