Date: Sun, 30 Sep 2012 12:57:18 -0400
From: Rich Felker <dalias@...ifal.cx>
To: musl@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Request for reports on ipv6 issues

One area I've been meaning to address for a while is the quality and
completeness of ipv6 support in musl. I've never used ipv6 seriously
so while I can read the specification for how the interfaces are
supposed to behave, I don't have any good intuition beyond that.

I know AI_ADDRCONF is not supported, and should be. I also know glibc
has experienced a lot of bugs with it not behaving as expected, so
this one probably requires some attention to the details.

Apparently ipv6 has some sort of "scope" which I don't understand, and
which I don't think we handle now.

The AI_V4MAPPED and AI_ALL flags are not supported at all yet, but
they seem pretty straightforward.

Anything else?