Date: Sat, 15 Sep 2012 00:06:24 -0700
From: Isaac Dunham <idunham@...abit.com>
To: musl@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: R/GNU S: up with a couple hitches...

On Fri, 14 Sep 2012 23:51:10 -0400
Rich Felker <dalias@...ifal.cx> wrote:

> On Fri, Sep 14, 2012 at 08:21:07PM -0700, Isaac Dunham wrote:

> > > and musl doesn't support it now, but we can
> > > use a external library:
> > >
> > > http://sourceforge.net/projects/libtirpc/
> > Not yet, unless you're using the g_hack branch and don't need rpc to
> > actually _work_. libtirpc needs getifaddrs.
>
> Is the getifaddrs code there license-compatible with musl?
Yes but it's only a stub I wrote (hence the comment about "don't need rpc to actually _work_"). It will almost certainly leave any software that uses getifaddrs crippled.
And no, I' haven't tested what builds with it. Probably nothing in its present state (I don't have a proper header yet).
Also, I have mentioned once or twice that getifaddrs, when implemented, will require (BSD) <sys/queue.h> TAILQ_* macros. If any header contains copyrightable material, it's this one: hundreds of LOCs, implementing linked lists in macros.

HTH,
Isaac Dunham <idunham@...abit.com>