Date: Sat, 15 Sep 2012 04:12:27 -0400
From: Rich Felker <dalias@...ifal.cx>
To: musl@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: musl 0.9.5 release and new website

Hi all,

I've just released musl 0.9.5, along with the launch of the new
website, http://www.musl-libc.org, which is hopefully a lot more
informative and better at promoting musl. The new site is not
complete, but it's presentable; ideas for improving it are welcome.

Release announcement follows:

    Default-features mode now makes visible POSIX, X/Open, and BSD
    interfaces when no specific standards-conformance options are
    requested, making it possible to compile most packages without
    special CFLAGS. Major header compatibility improvements. Building
    musl with clang/LLVM is now supported. SHA password hash functions
    have been added. New dynamic linker features including dladdr and
    GNU hash support. Various other minor features and bug fixes.

    http://www.etalabs.net/musl/releases/musl-0.9.5.tar.gz
    or http://www.musl-libc.org/releases/musl-0.9.5.tar.gz

As of this release, hacking -D_GNU_SOURCE into the CFLAGS of every
single program you want to compile is no longer necessary or
recommended. This should greatly improve the "out of the box"
experience using musl. The new website is updated with this
information; the wiki still needs some changes, I think.

Post-release priorities are adding the last of the missing Linux
syscalls, md5 crypt, and the long-elusive scheduling priority
interfaces. And of course integrating ports. I'd really like to have
microblaze support with full dynamic linking (will musl be the first
to support it?) in the next release, as well as more basic things like
mips64 and ppc.