Date: Thu, 12 Jul 2012 10:11:23 -0400
From: Rich Felker <dalias@...ifal.cx>
To: musl@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: testing mips port ?

On Thu, Jul 12, 2012 at 04:11:15PM +0200, Arvid E. Picciani wrote:
> I'd use an arbitrary router supported by openwrt. I made good
> experience with the wrt500gp
> Should be like ~25Eur on ebay.
> Openwrt because it's hack-friendly, allowing you to rebuild the
> whole firmware in any obscure way you like.
>
> If it's just about running some arbitrary binary to confirm a crash,
> i can do that.

At the moment I just want to see libc-testsuite results (or even a
smaller sample pthread_cancel test program) on real hardware. It is
tempting to get a real setup, but I'm still undecided how big my role
should be (i.e. how much of my time on musl I should spend) on testing
and playing with ports versus developing the core and laying the
groundwork for adding new ports (or for hard tasks like making dynamic
linking work with ugly archs like mips).