Date: Fri, 8 Jun 2012 01:15:16 +0800
From: orc <orc@...server.ru>
To: musl@...ts.openwall.com
Cc: Rich Felker <dalias@...ifal.cx>
Subject: Re: Hello

On Thu, 7 Jun 2012 12:19:28 -0400
Rich Felker <dalias@...ifal.cx> wrote:

> As far as the server goes, even the oldest X server versions should
> work fine with modern software (aside from possibly being really slow
> when the software wants to do 3D, etc.). That's how X was designed.

Of course we need modern X11libs for that. But yes, server expects only
Xau, Xdmcp, crypto for ssl (modern X links to stuff like udev, pixman
and others, but this can be avoided).
When building and running X I got only one thing: for 3D, games and so
on I need a dedicated machine with videoboard vendor's drivers (no
matter opensource it or proprietary). For anything else, I would use
vesa. So there is a question: will musl support this configs? Or I will
need patchelf and 'libc6-legacy' for them?