Date: Tue, 16 Aug 2011 11:42:34 -0400
From: Rich Felker <dalias@...ifal.cx>
To: musl@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: cluts priorities [was: New daily reports - nothing]

On Mon, Aug 15, 2011 at 04:14:12PM +0200, Luka Marčetić wrote:
> On 08/14/2011 10:00 PM, Rich Felker wrote:
> >On Wed, Aug 10, 2011 at 12:59:33AM -0400, Rich Felker wrote:
> >>As I see it, what you've got (in varying stages of completeness) is
> >>categories 1, 2, 3, 6, 8, and 9, from the project description here:
> >>
> >>http://openwall.info/wiki/musl/unit-tests
> >>
> >>Here are the things I would like you to focus on right now, roughly in
> >>order of priority:
> >>[...]
> >>1. Fixing issues with test validity, like the buffer overflow/heap
> >>[...]
> >>2. Documenting the tests you have: what assertions they test. As
> >>[...]
> >>3. Cleaning up the build system and source to make sure it builds
> >>[...]
> >>4. Finish testing additional areas in the categories you're already
> >>[...]
> >>5. Test categories 4 and 5. I think it would be nice to pull in some
> >Luka, could you please reply with an estimate on how many hours of
> >work you think each of these areas will take you and an intended
> >schedule for how and when you plan to accomplish them?

I really need to ask that you to prioritize the work that remains. As
an example, adding additional EINTR tests falls under number 4 (finish
testing additional areas...) while 1-3 remain to be done. Speaking of
EINTR, as we spoke about before, a number of these interfaces have no
reason to block, and some of them even have no reason to make syscalls
at all. If more work still needs to be done testing cases that would
not fail except on an intentionally-broken implementation, that should
be a project for *after* GSoC, not taking up your time when we're
nearing the deadline.