Date: Sun, 7 Aug 2011 21:36:58 +0200
From: Szabolcs Nagy <nsz@...t70.net>
To: musl@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: Compilation error

* nicolas@...lier-web.com <nicolas@...lier-web.com> [2011-08-07 20:57:11 +0200]:
> I tried to compile musl with the pcc compiler, but it failed because of :
>
> $(CC) $(LDFLAGS) -Wl,-soname=libc.so -o $@ $(LOBJS) -lgcc
>
> Is the option -lgcc really necessary ?
> I had removed it, and the compilation succeeded :)

with pcc you don't need -lgcc obviously
with gcc you need it

btw pcc cannot build a correct musl now
clock_gettime refers to a weak symbol
but pcc does not know __attribute__((weak))
so __vdso_clock_gettime ends up being
an undefined symbol

(there are various kinds of weakref related
attributes and it's a known defect in pcc
http://pcc.ludd.ltu.se/jira/browse/PCC-362 )

musl mostly uses weak aliases which happen
to work with pcc imho clock_gettime is the
only exception..