Date: Wed, 13 Jul 2011 23:46:02 +0400
From: Solar Designer <solar@...nwall.com>
To: musl@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: Daily reports: Friday

Luka -

On Sat, Jul 09, 2011 at 05:30:42PM +0200, Luka Mar??eti?? wrote:
> Oh, ok. I should've ommitted the "-cont" I agree. However, being Re:'s
> to each other, I hope they still fall under the same thread.

JFYI:

"Re:" has nothing to do with threading, which normally works based on
Message-Id/In-Reply-To/References headers (this is what blists uses, and
I think Gmane does as well).  So you may completely change the Subject,
but as long as you use your MUA's "reply" feature, you add to the same
thread.  Some mailing list archives do substring match on Subjects,
though - I think MARC does.  But adding "Re:" doesn't help them either.

> As an
> orientation, I may use the latest commits eg "strn.c + comon/String.c"
> as part of the Subject, or I may drop differentiation completely and
> just have us rely on time stamps. In the end, there's always this to
> monitor specific commits: https://github.com/lmarcetic/cluts/commits/master

Please continue to post daily reports.  Start the message Subjects with
"cluts: " and follow that with either the report's date (e.g., "07/13")
or specific info on changes made (e.g., "such-and-such tests").

And please continue to post weekly reports as well - on Mondays.  These
should summarize your accomplishments for last week and describe what
you intend to work on next.  I feel that the daily communication, while
very helpful, is no replacement for weekly summaries.

Thanks,

Alexander