Date: Wed, 06 Jul 2011 22:28:14 +0200
From: Luka Marčetić <paxcoder@...il.com>
To: musl@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: Daily reports: Wednesday

Hello.
I looked over the rest of the test data in numeric.c and changed quite a
bit of other things in the process. It's now ready for usage, and I'd
like to ask Rich to please comment on output of the musl-gcc-compiled
binary (you may need to comment out wcsto[f|d|ld] if musl doesn't
support them yet). Let me know if there are any objections to the tests.
I'll try to make a nice make file today.

As for the future, I'm planing on making the cluts.c framework, and this
is what I intend for it to do:

* find 'test collections' using dirent.h (haven't used it yet, but
shouldn't be hard to learn I guess)
* fork off for each test collection and execl() each one
* simple statistics based on the status provided by wait()

That much I guarantee to be done tomorrow. When that's done I'm going to
implement these additional features:

* advanced statistics(via what will be common/ipc.c): shared memory with
two integers for each 'test collection' which will indicate:
     a) number of tests that have begun executing (incremented before
each test starts by the child)
     b) number of successful tests
     The pointer to shared memory will be passed as an argument to the
child (test collection). From a) the framework will be able to know
which test number has crashed the collection. If the collection returns,
the framework will be able to calculate the success rate by dividing b)
with a).
* a few features which the user can invoke via some switches (using
standard tokenizing functions - need to study them first):
     -v --verbose without which collections will not print anything
themselves
     -t --test <test1>[,<test2>,...]  specific tests to execute
     -x --exclude <test1>[,<test2>,...] exceptionally excluded tests
     -h --help etc

Comments and suggestions are very welcome. Especially any advice about
includes and .h files is welcome, I am new to structuring files in C.
Thanks.
-Luka