Date: Fri, 29 Apr 2011 09:36:05 +0400
From: Solar Designer <solar@...nwall.com>
To: musl@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: Unit tests

On Wed, Apr 27, 2011 at 08:29:31AM +0200, Luka Mar??eti?? wrote:
> I've come up with "C Library Unit Test Suite" - cluts, which sounds like
> "klutz" (besides being klutzy of itself).

"cluts" sounds good to me.

What license is it going to be under?  I propose cut-down BSD (to the
point of being copyright only, with no restrictions):

This software is Copyright (c) YEAR YOUR NAME <your at e-mail.address>,
and it is hereby released to the general public under the following terms:

modification, are permitted.

This should be compatible with any other Open Source license, which I
think is a plus.  We currently use this for contributions to JtR:

http://openwall.info/wiki/john/licensing

I see little reason to have GPL-like restrictions on the unit tests;
I think that would do more harm than good.

Alexander