Date: Mon, 26 Feb 2018 07:54:22 +1100
From: Stephen Rothwell <sfr@...b.auug.org.au>
To: "Tobin C. Harding" <me@...in.cc>
Cc: Kernel Hardening <kernel-hardening@...ts.openwall.com>, Linux Kernel
 Kroah-Hartman <gregkh@...uxfoundation.org>
Subject: Re: Pull Request for linux-next

Hi Tobin,

On Sun, 25 Feb 2018 18:59:07 +1100 "Tobin C. Harding" <me@...in.cc> wrote:

> Would it be possible to get the development tree for
> scripts/leaking_addresses.pl included in Linux-next please.
>
> The tree is hosted on kernel.org
>
> https://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/tobin/leaks.git/
>
> I have created a branch called linux-next.  This branch is not tagged or
> signed.  I'm super new to kernel maintainer branch management, ATM the
> tree mirrors GregKH's staging tree setup i.e 3 branches
>
> 	master
> 	leaks-testing
> 	leaks-next
>
> Development done on leaks-testing.  Once patches have been rinsed
> through LKML move them to leaks-next.  Any holes in that?

That looks fine to me.  I have added your leaks-next branch from
today.  It would be nice to see some Reviewed-by or Acked-by tags on
your commits.

Thanks for adding your subsystem tree as a participant of linux-next.  As
you may know, this is not a judgement of your code.  The purpose of
linux-next is for integration testing and to lower the impact of
conflicts between subsystems in the next merge window.

You will need to ensure that the patches/commits in your tree/series have
been:
     * submitted under GPL v2 (or later) and include the Contributor's
        Signed-off-by,
     * posted to the relevant mailing list,
     * reviewed by you (or another maintainer of your subsystem tree),
     * successfully unit tested, and
     * destined for the current or next Linux merge window.

Basically, this should be just what you would send to Linus (or ask him
to fetch).  It is allowed to be rebased if you deem it necessary.

--
Cheers,
Stephen Rothwell