Date: Mon, 10 Oct 2016 06:02:16 +0000
From: "Reshetova, Elena" <elena.reshetova@...el.com>
To: "kernel-hardening@...ts.openwall.com"
	<kernel-hardening@...ts.openwall.com>, Colin Vidal <colin@...dal.org>
Subject: RE: self introduction

On Sun, Oct 09, 2016 at 09:09:42PM +0200, Colin Vidal wrote:
> Hi David,
>
> > If you're interested, the HARDENED_ATOMIC team is looking for people
> > to help porting the feature to other architectures.  ARM is a
> > reasonable candidate for someone new to the project.  I have begun
> > this effort myself, but if you'd like to collaborate I'd be
> > grateful.
>
> Sounds good!
>
> > It essentially involves porting the original arch-specific features
> > from PAX_REFCOUNT into Elena Reshetova's official HARDENED_ATOMIC
> > tree, which can be found at
> > https://github.com/esreshetova/linux-stable
>
> The link seems broken (https://github.com/esreshetova too). I found
> https://github.com/dwindsor/hardened-atomic but it is empty. Did I
> miss something/Github filter?

>Typo in the link, I think?
>https://github.com/ereshetova/linux-stable

This branch to be precise:
https://github.com/ereshetova/linux-stable/tree/hardened_atomic_on_next

This is where the latest code for linux-next is hosted now and where we work with David and Hans.

> > Please contact me if you have any questions; I'd be glad to help!
>
> I actually have question. :-) As far as I understand, PAX_REFCOUNT [1]
> is mainly a x86-only

>No, PAX_REFCOUNT also supports a bunch of other architectures. As far as I can tell from a quick look: ARM, MIPS, PowerPC and SPARC.

Yes, just in our patch series we only made implementation for x86. But if you look into Grsecurity/PaX patches, it has support for others implemented.