Date: Mon, 10 Oct 2016 18:01:59 +0200
From: Colin Vidal <colin@...dal.org>
To: kernel-hardening@...ts.openwall.com
Cc: "Reshetova, Elena" <elena.reshetova@...el.com>
Subject: Re: self introduction

> This branch to be precise:
> https://github.com/ereshetova/linux-stable/tree/hardened_atomic_on_next
>
> This is where the latest code for linux-next is hosted now and where
> we work with David and Hans.
> >

> > > Please contact me if you have any questions; I'd be glad to help!
> >
> > I actually have question. :-) As far as I understand, PAX_REFCOUNT
> > [1] is mainly a x86-only
>

> > No, PAX_REFCOUNT also supports a bunch of other architectures. As
> > far as I can tell from a quick look: ARM, MIPS, PowerPC and SPARC.
>
> Yes, just in our patch series we only made implementation for x86.
> But if you look into Grsecurity/PaX patches, it has support for
> others implemented.

OK, got it! Thanks for this clarification.

So, I will try to start to port PAX_REFCOUNT arm-specific features to
hardened_atomic_on_next, and keep you in touch. Is there a deadline?
(4.10 / 5.0 merge window?)

Just to be sure, the patch [1] and documentation [2] of PaX are still
up-to-date, or there is another references I missed?

Thanks

Colin

[1] https://pax.grsecurity.net/pax-linux-3.6-201210022100.patch
[2] https://forums.grsecurity.net/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=4173