Date: Fri, 11 Dec 2015 14:17:03 -0500
From: Daniel Micay <danielmicay@...il.com>
To: kernel-hardening@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: Project convention on configuration options

> I think there will be plenty of bike-shedding, so pick whatever you
> like for now. :)
>
> There is already the (disabled due to gcc bugs)
> DEBUG_STRICT_USER_COPY_CHECKS (which should lose the "DEBUG" name
> too). IIRC, it works by tracking memory regions? Maybe TRACK_USERCOPY?
> I'm sure it'll get renamed, so no big deal. In fact, you could just
> leave it as PAX_USERCOPY too for the initial extraction.

The main component is dynamically querying the slab allocator for the
allocation sizes. It also has checking for stack frames and global data.
There are also some tweaks related to __builtin_object_size.

It would make sense to land it in pieces, perhaps starting with the slab
allocator stuff (which is the bulk of the changes since some slabs need
to be marked and it seems like it would be the least controversial part
of the feature).
Download attachment "signature.asc" of type "application/pgp-signature" (820 bytes)