Date: Thu, 10 Dec 2015 15:52:16 -0800
From: Kees Cook <keescook@...omium.org>
To: David Brown <david.brown@...aro.org>
Cc: "kernel-hardening@...ts.openwall.com" <kernel-hardening@...ts.openwall.com>,
	Catalin Marinas <catalin.marinas@....com>
Subject: Re: Self Introduction

On Thu, Dec 10, 2015 at 10:42 AM, Catalin Marinas
<catalin.marinas@....com> wrote:
> On Thu, Dec 10, 2015 at 09:49:13AM -0800, Kees Cook wrote:
>> On Thu, Dec 10, 2015 at 9:14 AM, Stephen Smalley
>> <stephen.smalley@...il.com> wrote:

>> > Are you looking for this:
>> > http://marc.info/?l=linux-arm-kernel&m=144308911409429&w=2
>> >
>> > Haven't seen any follow up on it though...
>>
>> Ah yes! Thank you!
>>
>> https://patchwork.kernel.org/patch/7250401/
>> https://patchwork.kernel.org/patch/7250391/
>> https://patchwork.kernel.org/patch/7250421/
>> https://patchwork.kernel.org/patch/7250441/
>>
>> Catalin, where does this stand?
>
> I haven't done any further improvements to them, nor have I received any
> feedback. I'll rebase them against latest kernel if anyone else is
> willing to test. I had a plan to run some benchmarks and see how
> performance is affected (including the CPU_SW_DOMAIN_PAN) before pushing
> again for upstreaming but I haven't had the time.

David, getting back to something that might good to get your help
with: would you be able to test Catalin's LPAE TTBR0 PAN series on
real hardware? (Are you familiar with the LKDTM tests for this[1]?)

-Kees

[1] http://lwn.net/Articles/663531/ specifically ACCESS_USERSPACE and
EXEC_USERSPACE

--