Date: Tue, 17 Nov 2015 11:32:38 +0100
From: Richard Weinberger <richard.weinberger@...il.com>
To: "kernel-hardening@...ts.openwall.com" <kernel-hardening@...ts.openwall.com>
Subject: Re:

On Tue, Nov 17, 2015 at 8:41 AM, Daniel Micay <danielmicay@...il.com> wrote:
> On 16/11/15 07:13 AM, Richard Weinberger wrote:

>>> You might not be familiar with the grsecurity/PaX features and their
>>> implementations but lots of people are. It's not unexplored territory
>>> without known trade-offs. It has active developers who are happy to
>>> answer questions about it (within reason).
>>
>> I'll kindly ignore this personal attack.
>
> I didn't mean this as a personal attack. I just found that statement to
> be off i.e. it seems to imply that PaX/grsecurity are low quality and
> that they need to be improved to upstream them, when IMO what really
> needs to happen to just making the features more politically acceptable
> even if it ends up making them harder to implement / less useful.

Well, it is of course not of low quality. Nobody said that.
But some features have a technical burden and performance drawbacks.
These need to be explained in detail and I'm sure there is also room for
improvement.

Anyway, enough hot air for now. Patches talk, bullshit walks. ;-)

--
Thanks,
//richard