Date: Tue, 17 Nov 2015 03:09:45 -0500
From: Daniel Micay <danielmicay@...il.com>
To: kernel-hardening@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re:

> AOSP isn't enough, and even if people did submit them there, I would
> be one of the AOSP reviewers asking that they be upstreamed instead.
> ;)

Sure, but it's a way to proving to upstream that the features are useful
and work well. For example, lets say x86 Android adopted the
segmentation-based KERNEXEC/UDEREF. Lets say it actually shipped in the
next version of Android. I am pretty sure Linus would change his
attitude towards it. You're not going to convince him by words rather
than actions though. Not that improving Linux on a dying architecture
should be the priority, but it's a good example.

Download attachment "signature.asc" of type "application/pgp-signature" (820 bytes)