Date: Sat, 9 Jun 2018 23:41:44 -0400
From: Chris Bonk <bonk.chris@...il.com>
To: john-users@...ts.openwall.com
Cc: magnum <john.magnum@...hmail.com>
Subject: Re: Using PBKDF2-HMAC-SHA256

Chiming back in.

I solved the issue. I made the mistake of base64 encoding literally the hex
string.

@jfoug is correct.

I needed to modify the derivation and salt to be encoding to base64 from
binary.

I ended up using hashcat, which is currently running.

I hope this helps anyone else if they encounter similar issues.

CB