Date: Fri, 16 Mar 2018 20:07:05 +0100
From: Solar Designer <solar@...nwall.com>
To: john-users@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: Is john really using Narayanan and Shmatikov whitepaper?

On Fri, Mar 16, 2018 at 01:32:29PM -0400, Matt Weir wrote:
> Alexander, talking about incremental, are you aware of any write-up
> for it behind it besides "look at the code?" Something like the JtR
> Wiki article for Incremental might help other researchers.

I'm not aware of any documentation of incremental mode's internals.
Since I still have an unimplemented idea for improving it, maybe I
should revisit this if I have time in a few years from now (I doubt I'd
have time for this sooner than that), and give a talk on it at that
point (as I'd need to recall a few things anyway) - although it'd be a
bit weird to do that on something that is already 20 years old, except
for those improvements.

Alexander