Date: Wed, 18 Nov 2015 20:35:39 +0000
From: Demian Smith <demian.smith@....de>
To: john-users@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: Fork vs / w/ OpenMP

Thanks all,
I will just keeps sing OpenMP for now so, as the laptop is idle most of
the day and night anyway.

The custom chr is based on a likely source pdf file, so I assumed it
would give the best candidates (I have created fake pws based on the
file) but TC indeed appears really slow (263.4C/s for ripemd and
969.9C/s for aes)

I have paused my other sessions to try a new approach with a ned input
file generating the chr, in case I messed up something the first time
around... I believe the letters would also be more of the " language
based likelihood"-nature so my incremental mode looks like
[Incremental:rc3] # rules based on pdfs for truecrypt 5-12
File = $JOHN/raid2.chr
MinLen = 5
MaxLen =  12
CharCount = 20
Extra = 24

Extra 24 is as to facilitate the 2 and 4 which could be in the
passwords. I am loosing a lot of calculation, as I know the digits would
only be in place 3 and 5, if at all, but I suppose I will have to take
the hit. Not prepared to give up on my data as yet :)

Thanks for listening and your advise, guys!
Demian

 ★ On 15/11/18 01:07 a.m. Solar Designer wrote ★

--
-`ღ´-
What happens in the heart