Date: Fri, 28 Nov 2014 22:13:03 +0100
From: magnum <john.magnum@...hmail.com>
To: john-users@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: OpenMP on FreeBSD ?

On 2014-11-28 22:00, Patrick Proniewski wrote:
> I'm afraid it's a little too far for my field of competences, but I can at least try to make something clean with gcc5 and processor flags.

Try latest bleeding-jumbo from GitHub[1] and

	./configure CC=gcc49 && make -s clean && make -sj4

and all these things should be taken care of automatically. It will
enable all CPU features you've got. It will default to enable OpenMP if
possible and it will (supposedly) do it the right way for your system
and compiler. It will use optional libraries if it finds them. Besides,
it supports a couple hundred more formats than 1.7.9 as well as new
modes, node/fork and lots and lots of other things.

If autoconf fails in some way so you can't build without manual tweaks,
please report it and we will try to fix it.

[1] https://github.com/magnumripper/JohnTheRipper/tarball/bleeding-jumbo

magnum