Date: Fri, 28 Nov 2014 22:45:55 +0100
From: Patrick Proniewski <patpro@...pro.net>
To: john-users@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: OpenMP on FreeBSD ?

On 28 nov. 2014, at 22:13, magnum wrote:

> On 2014-11-28 22:00, Patrick Proniewski wrote:
>> I'm afraid it's a little too far for my field of competences, but I can at least try to make something clean with gcc5 and processor flags.
>
> Try latest bleeding-jumbo from GitHub[1] and
>
> 	./configure CC=gcc49 && make -s clean && make -sj4
>
> and all these things should be taken care of automatically. It will enable all CPU features you've got. It will default to enable OpenMP if possible and it will (supposedly) do it the right way for your system and compiler. It will use optional libraries if it finds them. Besides, it supports a couple hundred more formats than 1.7.9 as well as new modes, node/fork and lots and lots of other things.
>
> If autoconf fails in some way so you can't build without manual tweaks, please report it and we will try to fix it.

Thanks a lot, it looks great. Unfortunately it does not work very nicely:

	../..
	checking for OPENSSL... no
	configure: error: in `/home/patpro/JohnTheRipper-2d8f25e/src':
	configure: error: JtR requires OpenSSL being installed

I don't have port security/openssl installed, only OpenSSL that comes with base system, and I intend to stick with it (OpenSSL 0.9.8za-freebsd 5 Jun 2014). Any chance to work around this?

thanks,
patpro