Date: Wed, 11 Dec 2013 21:51:45 +0100
From: Lasse Knudsen <lasse.h.knudsen@...il.com>
To: john-users@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Splitting workload on multiple hosts

Greetings,

i was wondering if is possible to split a large john job up into many
smaller jobs, lets say 10000, where we these jobs then indivually can be
send off to a compute grid?

eg.
aaaaaaaa-ZZZZZZZZZ gets split up into 10000 individual jobs that each take
a fraction of the job?

look like the Incremental:ALLN almost does this, but just splitting on the
individual characters rather than just the amount of characters in the job
slice.

I guess it could be done, by generating the wordlists (aaaaaaaaaa-bbbbbbbb)
and then feed individual wordlists to the jobs, but i believe that would
take a lot time to generate, and they would consume space.

Im not sure my question makes sense, but hey i tried :)
-lk