Date: Sat, 27 Apr 2013 14:48:06 -0400
From:  <jfoug@....net>
To: john-users@...ts.openwall.com
Cc: Claudio André <claudioandre.br@...il.com>
Subject: Re: Re: 'close' to getting opencl working

I have been able to modify the linux-x86-64, changing -msse2 to -msse4 and things run fine, including a few formats that acutally 'use' sse4.     This was done UNDER the VB vm.   Also, the vm lists 6-cpu core2-2600 as the CPU's being emulated.  So, I am pretty sure this requirement is met.

I have tried building with -msse4 on my very ancient laptop, and it built fine, but cores when run, so I am pretty sure that this test is pretty obvious that SSE4.1 is exposed and working on my VM.

Jim.