Date: Sat, 29 Dec 2012 16:27:16 +0000
From: John Hall <JohnH@...tworking.com>
To: "'john-users@...ts.openwall.com'" <john-users@...ts.openwall.com>
Subject: How to use RULES to check for partially a remembered password

Dhiru,

I actually think I may recall the beginning - perhaps the first 12 characters of a possibly 17 character pw.

So, for example, if I think the password starts "PicketFence6" and then may have 5 characters after it, is there a way to have the pw checking always start with "PicketFence6" and then append characters from the character set [a..zA..Z0..9$!&?]

John