Date: Sat, 29 Dec 2012 11:33:22 -0500
From: Luis Santana <hacktalk@...ktalk.net>
To: john-users@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: How to use RULES to check for partially a remembered password

create a file with PicketFence6 as the only line. Then go into your John.conf/John.ini file and add the following:

[List.Rules:PicketFence]
Az"[a-zA-Z0-9$!&?][a-zA-Z0-9$!&?][a-zA-Z0-9$!&?][a-zA-Z0-9$!&?][a-zA-Z0-9$!&?]"

Then invoke john the like this:

john -w:FileWithPicketFence6InIt -ru:PicketFence crackfile

That will take your PicketFence6 word in your "wordlist" and append those characters to it
Luis Santana : Founder - HackTalk Security
http://hacktalk.net
hacktalk@...ktalk.net
HackTalk Security - Security From The Underground