Date: Wed, 15 Dec 2010 20:21:43 -0700
From: RB <aoz.syn@...il.com>
To: john-users@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: Re: JtR/OpenMP against Gawker passwords

On Wed, Dec 15, 2010 at 18:27, Dan Tentler <dan@...nlabs.com> wrote:
> But a question for SolarDesigner - does your roadmap for jtr define any
> distributed capabilities? I suppose what I'm getting at is "are we stuck
> with mpi"?

MPI support has been trying to quietly die for some time; it's
interesting, but is a poor enough solution that it's not something
that Solar (or some of we several who worked on keeping it up) want to
necessarily keep alive.  That said, I think there is at least one
individual on the list that's tried keeping it going recently, but
I've not seen updates since Solar published the OpenMP code.

The OpenMP solution is your distribution direction of the future.  The
more the OpenMP code gets developed, the less appealing the old MPI
cruft should appear.

RB