Date: Wed, 15 Dec 2010 17:27:42 -0800
From: Dan Tentler <dan@...nlabs.com>
To: john-users@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: Re: JtR/OpenMP against Gawker passwords

I've been playing with this myself on my mac - I have an I7 core machine
and I've been trying to use the mpi patches to make it play nicely. Ive
had limited success - I tried cracking the gawker list for two days and
got 3 passwords - this of course was with zero tuning .. just pointing
jtr 1.7.6 with some patches at the files and using MPI. I'm not %100 I'm
doing it right.

But a question for SolarDesigner - does your roadmap for jtr define any
distributed capabilities? I suppose what I'm getting at is "are we stuck
with mpi"?

-Dan