Date: Sun, 17 Aug 2008 03:39:58 +0600
From: "Murat D. Kadirov" <banderols@...il.com>
To: John the Ripper List <john-users@...ts.openwall.com>
Subject: Re: jtr and openmpi 1.2.3

01:50 Sun 17 Aug, Murat D. Kadirov wrote:
> I try to compile jtr together with openmpi 1.2.3. I compile last
> release from http://www.openwall.com/john/, with patch from
> http://www.bindshell.net/tools/johntheripper and openmpi 1.2.3. I run
> 'john shadow' and in terminal top, and I see that from four only one
> kernel works for me (I have Core 2 Quad Q6600). What I am doing wrong
> and how I can make, that all four kernels worked?

I tried pre patched version john-1.7.3.1-mpi8.tar.gz from
http://www.bindshell.net/tools/johntheripper. The same result. Run:

murat[run]$ mpirun -np 4 ./john shadow

Occurs nothing. When stop (Ctrl^C) I get errors:

^Cmpirun: killing job...

[darkstar:19492] [0,0,0] ORTE_ERROR_LOG: Timeout in file
base/pls_base_orted_cmds.c at line 275
[darkstar:19492] [0,0,0] ORTE_ERROR_LOG: Timeout in file
pls_rsh_module.c at line 1164
WARNING: mpirun has exited before it received notification that all
started processes had terminated.  You should double check and ensure
that there are no runaway processes still executing.

In processes table (top) john does not appear. :/

--
Murat D. Kadirov